News & Events
Dear friends of the Almonte Riverside,
For almost 4 years I have been building what I hope becomes a great Inn and wonderful part of Almonte and Mississippi Mills. After careful evaluation and personal reflection I have decided to focus my efforts solely on the accommodations side of the business. I am saddened to say this will the last weekend for ARKitchen.
We have had a lot of fun and have met many great people. We would like to thank all of our guests who came out to spend time in ARKitchen. We hope to continue to bring new and exciting ideas to Almonte hospitality and hope to see our friends again soon.
I personally would like to thank Chef Hunter and Robin for their great dedication to our product in the kitchen and to Jaci and Anna for ensuring our guests were always treated warmly and with lots of care.
We are currently looking to add an F&B/Inn Supervisor at the Almonte Riverside Inn & Kitchen. The position will fill a key role within the organization and represent the front of house for our brand. Onsite accommodations may be considered.
A successful candidate will be:
– Energetic and excited
– Enthusiast of all food and beverage
– Knowledgeable and educated on fine wines and spirits
– Able to elevate the food and drink pairing aspects of the Almonte Riverside Kitchen
– Willing to work with an expanded role and job description
– Present new ideas and willing to step outside the box
– Able to pay attention to detail
– Willing to learn about the surrounding community, local tourism and history
– Social media savvy and willing to participate to help the Inn’s marketing campaigns
– Competent in multitasking
– Able to build and maintain accurate liquor inventory and par stocks
Daily Duties will include (but not limited to):
– Fill ARKitchen service shifts as needed
– Balance daily revenue and provide accurate reports
– Ordering of all beverage aspects of Food & Beverage
– Attend weekly meetings with Executive Chef
– Develop a plan with the Executive Chef and Innkeeper for groups and events
– Assist with Inn related matters including managing hotel reservations, rooms, and other activities as needed
– Food and Beverage and service experience
– High end dining experience an asset
– Hotel & Resort experience an asset
– SMART Serve Certification
– Follow all regulations and guidelines put forward by the AGCO
– Participate and assist with event details, and other special requirements
– Willing to be flexible and work all shifts
Who we are:
– Small team of people who are passionate about hospitality
– Privately owned and operated with no ties to brands other than our own
– Lovers of food, beverage, wines, inns, hotel, restaurants, bistros, lounges, local foods
How to get in touch:
Deadline for applications at this time is Monday February 6th, 2015.
We’re looking again! We need more great people at the Almonte Riverside. Want to be a part of our team? Come and join us. Call, e-mail or stop by and say hi! email@example.com – 613-461-2745 – 81 Queen St.
Go for a tour in our 2 kayaks and head up the river to listen to the birds and watch the herons fish. Maybe you just want to get out and lounge around and have a picnic on the river in our inflatable tandem kayak. It’s the time to feel the hot sun and cool breeze.